Thursday, March 6, 2008

PANGS OF HUNGER…


As one night alone I sat

like a ghost, late night, in my flat

All that, for my company, was hunger

and by which had increased my anger.


As fuming I went inside my kitchen

anything to eat wasn’t there much to my chagrin .

Though there was, for me to use, a stove

to cook I didn’t , have a clue, how.


Though I knew that mice were running in my stomach

and instead of thinking that it was my, to get a grub, bad luck

I thought that I spare a thought on those unfortunate few

who, how to get even a single meal, don’t have a clue.


I remembered when food I had treated as waste

especially when it wasn’t my liking or in taste.

Had I, at that time, not acted like an ingrate

on the poor, it would have made me, compassionate.


Though what I’ve put in this verse

may look not much and really terse

I thought about the importance I should tell

to all those who read this as those I know well.


So, once this poem, by one and all, has been understood and read

can be hoped that we understand the importance of our daily bread.

By being people who claim to be educated and wise

Its time, about others and its importance, we realize.

No comments: