Friday, March 7, 2008

MUSINGS AT THE INTERVIEW ROOM..:)


As yesterday evening, I went for an interview

how much time it would take, I didn’t have a clue.

As for the interviewer I knew I had to wait

I knew I could do nothing even I felt irate.



In order, in the interview, my best I could give

I had taken from work, a full day leave!!

To get away, I had thought hard and tried a new trick

so that when calls came, I wouldn’t have to panic.


Since the lady was nowhere to be seen

thought I freshen up and look a little clean.

To be on time, from the station, I reached running

and so my best I wanted to look from the remaining.



Though my appointment, in advance, had been taken

to be a salesmen, me, the receptionist, had mistaken

As she gossiped on the phone for about half an hour

I had to remind her that I had come to meet the HR.


As the newspaper, I picked and pages began to flip

I was offered coffee so that, as I read, I could sip.

Quite a lot of people were seated on the sofa yonder

and what was running on their mind, I began to wonder.


The interview was supposed to start at five

but the clock when I saw, I let out a sigh.

6.30 was the time and my date called that she would leave

and for not meeting her, she wasn’t ready, me, to forgive.


A good night, the receptionist, she was out to say

as people, on by one, started to leave for the day.

As I tried to convince, to stay back, to my date

she told me a NO as she too was getting late.


By then I knew that it was already quarter to seven

A lady from HR told me to wait as I had no other option.

The head HR, it seems, was busy on some sort of con call

and that I would be met up before the shutters fall.


Just when I thought that was running out my patience

a lady, like a queen, made her presence.

She told that she was the head HR with a beaming smile

and finally my interview would be taken in a while.


As I arose, I thought later, that I must write

as none, I feel, must go through this fright.

Hence, I thought, to one and all, I make aware

about my experiences, I write and must share.

No comments: