Monday, March 17, 2008

ODE TO MY BLIND DATE :)


Since i hadnt heard from my "one of a kind"
I thought,go on a date thats called "blind"
Since the "appointment" a common friend had set
i knew i had to be on time and leave none upset.

But i wondered what i was doing was right
as i was about to see someone who wasnt in sight.
Moroever my friend had put across such a condition
and what if it wasnt to be, was my apprehension.




Since about a picking up a job, the gal wanted an advice
giving it on the phone, i felt, didnt seem feasible and wise.
So i thought that it would be appropriate and better
if i could meet, enjoy and tips also i could offer.

Due to the month end, work was in full swing since dawn
and when the gal called to ask whether the date was on
I started to get, in my stomach, a lot of butterfly
though my confidence reached an all time high!!

In the evening, as the clock stuck six
my mind was still in real state of fix.
Since i hadnt encountered anything like this before
i wasnt sure what was going to be in store.

As i left work a little early, to her, i called
and told her to meet at Andheri station's Mcdonald.
Though i knew that this was an unexpected treat
my heart was still skipping an alternate beat.

Outside Mcdonalds, on time,i reached and was about to wait
i realized,my description,i hadnt given before it was too late
Thought what i must, to her clearly, tell
so that she could recognize me easily and well.

Before i could do that, came across a PYT
and gave me a look,that others also started to see
As i could see the sun set in the radiant sky
she asked whether i was, from VIDEOCON, CHINMAY!!

As i said yes and lead her inside
i thanked god for such a nice eventide.
Now i look back, the "date" was a real success
though all that we did was eat, drink and discuss.

No comments: