Wednesday, March 12, 2008

MUSINGS IN THE PARK….


As I sat in the park and watched a lot of children play
I wondered whether they had in store for the future day.
It looked like that they hadn’t any sort of worry
that would have probably make them feel sorry.

Life for them never seemed to have a full stop
as all around they jumped, skipped and hop.
For them the day seemed to be very less
even if they were covered with dirt and mess.

Even if the child were to have a sweat on its brow
a sense of tiredness it appeared, it dint want to show.
From where it had, I wondered, a still a sense of enthu
struck me as somehow I wasn’t able to have a clue.

The kids looked like to play all through the evening
that they didn’t pay attention to the call of their parent or sibling.
It looked like for us adults to get back all this mirth
It would be possible only in our next birth.

As they continued to play in their friend’s gang
all they did was to enjoy as some of them sang .
Apart from being joyous and at times, a little coy
It didn’t matter whether their playmate was a gal or boy.

As I recollected those days which had its worth in gold
we never thought one day we too would have to grow old.
As friends we never thought that we all would go different ways
and lead lives so that our dreams and goals we could chase.

As the sun began to set and on my way I rose to go
I just thankful to the kids for their evening show.
A feeling in me was there of contentment and joy
Which I hadn’t seen after I had ceased to be a boy.

No comments: