Wednesday, March 19, 2008

ODE TO INFATUATION :)


One of my oldest works that I had written during the fag end of my graduation days in Mangalore. It was more a work that I wrote on a gal whom I used to regularly see at that point of time and just happened to dig up this work while at home!..

I just do not get words to say
whenever I see you everyday.
I can think is that you are someone from heaven
who is out to make my life enliven.

I wish that both of us could sit one day
and hear just what both of us will have to say.
Also, this would bring us even more close
to which, none of us think to oppose.

Even though we might not have a talk
the moment, I see to Valencia, you walk.
My heart begins to skip a beat
as your beautiful face, to see, is a treat.

Well, you may think ill of me
Whenever I continue to see
as though it invites apprehension
if you saw in my direction.

I wish I could, all those trivial, let go
and let good feelings start to grow
so that, in future, we can enjoy together
with none around to cause any bother.

Yet, though I have time that is few
I wish I could get some sort of a clue
of how I am to drive your fear
of you coming, to me, near.

So think of what I say in the letter
so that something fast can be done better.
Even when I am not around in Mangalore
I’ll be studying and waiting for you in Bangalore

No comments: