Wednesday, March 19, 2008

MUSINGS WHILE PACKING...


As today i was doing my packing
the same time,i had this musing.
I knew,of what all,was going on
as it was afternoon and not dawn.

As the ironed clothes,in the suitcase i put in
the dust had been removed and put in the bin.
For a few days, i knew that i didnt have to worry
once i reached my hometown, someone else would carry.

Maybe by this time, i would have reached home
and after seeing my folks,i would have get to roam.
Atleast i wouldnt have to think about all my errand
as my dirty clothes,to the dhobi,mom would send!!

What all to eat, for a few days,i wouldnt have to think or worry
as in the family,ladies would be their to feed me their favourite curry
as its been a real long time,with them,i have got time to spend
and their invitation, to me, they have already to extend.

Friends hopefully, i would be able to meet
as i know,for a new job, i may've to treat.
Amidst all this party, enjoyment and reunion
how much time,with family i'll get,is the apprehension.

I just thought how it would be if i met someone new
during the holiday season though i have no clue.
It was just a thought of some sort of serendipity
so that there would be a chance of felicity.

Suddenly,from my reverie, i was to awaken
as had got hot, by then, the plate of the iron.
As i continued to fold the clothes after their press
these thoughts,later through verse, i thought to express.

1 comment:

Amit Charles said...

good one pal. Awesome flow and rhythm.
Tho at places I feel you've tried hard to rhyme.

Anyways, a good one


Keep it rollin;)