Thursday, March 13, 2008

MUSINGS AT KURLA TERMINUS...


A brief background-this was written past midnight when i had gone with my friend to receive his brother.. KURLA station is the local one whereas terminus is diffrent all together..So, the experiences would be diffrent as you come to know as you read further..


As to receive someone, i went one night to Kurla,
a lot of things, in the terminus, that night, i saw.
I knew for sure that before it was too late
i start to write before i start feeling irate.

As my friend started getting his forty wink(s)
my mind in diffrent ways, started to think
in diffrent angles that was from the rest some
I could perceive beyond the trains that were to come!!

As i rested my weary feet on an empty trolley
people of diffrent kinds and types, i could see.
Somehwo they seem to have managed to have found
a place where they could rest their bod on the ground.

God knows,i wondered, where their train was
as all appeared, at that hour, quite bindaas.
Somehow contentment could be still seen on their face
as they managed somehow even if things were scarce.

Yet, one would let out a slight sigh
as the coffee/chaiwallah passed bye.
Could be heard the typical chant "adjust karo"
as newer people seem to trespass their row.

Forty winks slowly, to me, started to creep
and i thought, for a while, i must sleep.
Somehow, a place, close to my friend,i managed to get
and all my problems i thought i start to forget.

No comments: