Friday, March 14, 2008

MY HEARTBREAK

BASED ON A REAL INCIDENT THAT HAPPENED TO A FRIEND OF MINE..THE INCIDENT FORMED THE BASIS OF THE THEME ON WHICH THIS PIECE OF WORK WAS WRITTEN.

 Oh lord,before you, as I pray and genuflect 
the life,you gave me, I begin to reflect.
I was blessed that among, what came as sadness 
there was something like the air of happiness.
 
But oh god, though you were like my guardian. 
Yet, one thing,I still know not,why you let it happen.
The thought of it hits me hard night and day
and words about it, I still don’t have words to say.
 
Had come in the past, a stage, also, in my life
when I thought, for myself, I must get a wife.
When she came across, just by her presence 
I thought that she was there to provide me essence.
 
Life had looked so colorful and bright 
and for the first time, I felt love day & night.
It looked like that I was already on cloud nine
once this girl, I had made her as mine.
 
She had apparently won everyone’s heart
and everyone saw her, as a family’s part.
Hence quickly was, one day arranged
a function that made us officially engaged.
 
Just when things were looking to fall in place 
something happened that still gives me the scares.
That was when, she made my life taken an u turn
when love for me, wasn’t there, I got to learn.
 
My head started to, cluelessly spin
as I knew  her heart, couldn’t win.
It was difficult to let her, from my life, go
as I had begun, to her, all my love, show.
 
Those days it looked as you didn’t have any care
as all things would happen, I was never aware.
Though now, I may not brood or look back
yet it reminds me something that I lack.
 
Slowly I rise, and towards the exit, I go
I thank the lord,for the life she show(ed).
All that I wish, If I were to fall in love again
let it last long and never let my efforts go in vain.

No comments: