Wednesday, March 12, 2008

ODE TO MY GUJRAT TRIP....


It is really very strange and unusual
that one doesnt have a feel of special
that too when the joy one isnt able to savour
especially when things havent gone in one's favour.

Well, that was the case what happened with me
as my recent trip to Gujrat didnt give much glee.
The time i had is still out, to me, haunt
as i cant understand why i opted for this jaunt.

From the start where it started, let me begin to say
as from Mumbai central station, it began last Friday.
The train with my boss to Surat, i was supposed to take
stopped at every station as though it was on a big break.

As Surat, in that slow coach, we managed to reach
I was wondering what my boss, was out to teach.
We checked in, had food and i thought to have a little rest
but i knew that i was to get ready to undergo my first test.

During the course of my work, i got to know
that my boss wouldnt be there to be a part of the show.
That meant the rest of the places i would have to be all alone
and do and manage things by being all by my own.

Rajkot was the next place for which i made my way
and i listened to what all gyan the boss had to say.
Little did i expect that there would be a kahani mein twist
as somethings were to happen that we rent there in the list.

Firstly, it was the shivering that started due to the cold
as it was something unexpected and was untold..
And whatever i had, like a horse, in the day, i ate
was in my stomach,clockwise-anticlockwise, out to rotate.

The cold hardly made my journey cozy
and my rumbling stomach made me feel uneasy.
Unfortunately what all all i had eaten went down the drain
and somehow i felt how i would endure all the pain.

By Sunday morning, i was already feeling so low
and beyond Gondel, to Rajkot, the bus wouldnt go.
The cold had made my voice so numb and feeble
and the Hindi i spoke and Gujrati reply made me feel terrible.

Amidst all this happenings and turbulation
atleast in the hotel, i had my reservation.
After i checked in, i could see the bed send its invite
as anyone in pain would pass out by its sight.

Unfortunately the night did not help my sake
as till dawn, my problems kept me awake.
Yet i knew that i had to face the thunder
even if things were out to rip me asunder.

As i somehow managed to work the entire day
i go to know Ahemedabad was next on the way.
I knew for sure that i wouldnt get my winks of forty
and blessed i would be even if i got atleast twenty.

Atleast there, messiahs, God was to send
in the form of my family friend.
When they go to hear of all my concern
they came to see me as well as get a wollen.

The days i spent there was totally three
and my mind was totally at ease and free.
Slowly, i managed to regain my health and vigour
and come back to what i was, the trip, prior.

Now that my bosses, on me, accusations, abuses, may hurl
that my experiences of being unwell were all unreal.
Yet in front of them, i can still be like an innocent child
as "experiences is what great men call their mistakes" said Oscar Wilde.

As this last verse, i sit to complete to ink
my mind slowly stops to ponder and think.
Rest is something that i would need some more
and after that to see what the future has in store.

No comments: