Friday, March 14, 2008

DIALOGUE BETWEEN A FATHER & SON -a duet


Dad, I always had, this apprehension
of how to ask you a certain question .
Let me keep aside today’s newspaper
so that your doubts, I can answer.

I know that mom and you are the friends I’ve had.
But my worry is that you may think, about me bad.
Well junior, speak out whats in your mind
and I assure you that I wont get at all, wild.

Well, it isn’t that am being curt and rude
of what you say so much good
those many years ago in my mother
which you didn’t see in any other!!

Son, I was a chap who was someone trivial.
But your mom was someone who was like an angel.
The moment her,one fine day, I saw
left me with a feeling of awe.

Didn’t you feel at any time bad
especially by the opposition of granddad??
Well, for me love, I saw in his opposition
and hence never thought it was an opposition!!

All these problems, we know, we had to endure
as we knew, we would face it for sure.
It was this spirit that kept us always together
even if people tried to take us away further.

But these days, you guys, act so quiet
like you don’t want to been in each others sight.
That is because junior, I have given your mom the space
so that she can have identity in this rate race.

Well, going back, to that special day
to mom, those special 3 words, you did say!!.
That son, was the most memorable day of my life
as I knew that I had got her as my wife.

All this while, I have been by your mother’s presence
and you’ve been there to provide us the needed essence.
Thanks dad, for all this, today for letting me know
and sure, about you people, I’ll tell my kids after they grow!!

No comments: