Thursday, March 27, 2008

ODE TO MY PUNE TRIP...


As i was wondering what was in store last weekend
atleast this time, i knew, i had a plan on how to spend
in a way that would be in every way really special
apart from being the season with many a festival.

Came Saturday dawn that i couldnt wait further
that quicKly i got ready and left towards DADAR.
At that time, little i knew, it would be an U-turn
and a lot of experiences, i was out to learn.

I had set out to a city that was kilometres 139
wherein i knew that i had few friends of mine.
All though it wasnt for me, from my city, quite near
i hadnt been there, at all, from more than a year.

Initially reaching there, i had planned to stay
in a friend's place so that easily i could go my way.
But the future, obviously, i hadnt got to foresee
about what all my adventures were going to be.

As approached PUNE, my call, my friend wasnt out to pick
which left me panicky and lot worried sick.
I jsut wondered what, upon reaching, i was to do
as about the city and places, i didnt have a clue.

Once out from the train and at the junction
i knew it was time for me to take a decision
that i check myself into the lodge that was nearest
and set to roam, without delay, at the earliest.

As expected,some of my "gal friends", to meet, had some excuse
and yet i knew that hope i didnt have to loose.
Atleast one gal agreed to meet me in the evening
and i knew that something was there in the offing.

Roaming around like a typical loafer
from the HOLIng mob,i didnt want to suffer.
As an extra change of clothes, i didnt have to spare
incase they got colored for the next day to wear.

Luckily my friend called and his family,that i meet
and be a part of the ongoing festive treat.
Since i hadnt had anything from previous day's brunch
i thanked GOD for this unexpected invite for lunch.

The yummy and tasty homemade food put me to a sleep
and later in the evening, a call, made me literally leap
as i remembered that i had, with someone, a sort of "date"
which i didnt want to miss as well as be late!!

Once we met, with her niece,round the mall, we took a walk
and what all happened in a year,at MCDONALDS, we had a talk.
As later, back home, on her way, my friend went
i remembered,that for the next day, i pick up a present.

Though i reached the lodge back quite late
too hit the sack, i knew that i had to wait.
Sadly, i was troubled by many a mosquito
which wasnt, from the room, willing to go.

The next day, to the weeding, i set out to go
it appeared, the whole,the rickshawallah,wanted to show
Luckily i got a call from another friend
who to pick me, her car, she decided to send.

As we met, travelled around and made quite a stop
other friends, in the car, were out to hop.
Few of them,to me,were new and by their presence
which contributed, to the trip's essence.

Once at the mantap,aroma of the food, was so tempting
and we all were in no mood to be a part of the proceeding.
Hence we thought to have food in a manner really zoom
so that later we could meet our friend and her bridegroom!!

After everything, we decided to go out of the wedding hall
and head towards the nearest shopping mall.
Came the time soon, to bid, each other, farewell
and "keep in touch", each other, we were out to tell.

Without much ado and any sort of anticipation
i landed once again, at Pune station.
The train, was on the platform, in 15 mins, due
and i knew i had to head to Mumbai, without any cry or hue.

Now that am back and about the two days, i think
everything comes back, as my eyes, am out to blink.
t any point of time, this trip, i wont forget
as time for all this, i know, i'll never get.

No comments: