Thursday, March 6, 2008

Evening at the beach-part I


As I walked to the beach one eventide

I noticed that there wasn’t any tide.

People were out having a lot of fun

just before set the radiant sun.

As I sat on a rock and saw the sky

the view just made me heave a sigh.

Could be seen quite a few bright stars

and could be heard the neigh of a horse.


Few could be seen locked in an embrace

and I bet they had love all over their face.

Someone had bent to give his partner a kiss

as sat few thinking of someone they miss.


Beside me, walked many a couple

and could be seen, in water, the ripple.

Looks like they had lot to discuss and say

as they didn’t bother what others had to say.


Came in a lot of older men

as well as some old women.

They preferred to just to sit and talk

or go about their usual evening walk.


The football game looked to get real wild.

Yet,it didn’t affect, out there, the small child

which holding onto to its grandparent’s hand

continued to play undisturbed with the sand!!


Near the rock where I sat, passed a dog

despite which people continued to hog

which made me realize that something I eat

and hence, a sevpuri, I had, as a treat.


As the bhelwallah left after selling his stuff

realized I that the game had become quite rough.

The skyline looked that, was on, just a single light

which made think, about today, I must write.


Though about the beach, people have known

sad that they don’t feel that its their own.

Could be seen a lot of trash and garbage

which to chuck, none must encourage.


Hope to see the beach clean one day

wherein can be seen clearly the sun’s ray.

By seeing the clear and pure blue water

the beach could be alive with people’s laughter!

No comments: