Thursday, April 23, 2009

WHENEVER COMES THE 23RD (Suggest a better title


BACKGROUND:

Someone used to always say “firstly happy ………anniversary .....muaaaahhhhhh ………lots n lots good wishes darling ...” :)

Listening to it, the reply would be “best wishes 2u as well………lets c now ma(n)y anniversary's god will show us…………..” followed by the next obvious question ……

“wat plans 4 d anniversary?”. Innocently, the reply would be “none yet …

just hope to meeet u” ... :)

Now the scenario is ……………“cant help thinking abt u my only DKR...pl……. (come back) coz me miss u more than anybody else ...:(”





Those many months ago, when had come the 23rd

I still remember, what from you, I had heard

that made me proud of having taken birth

as it gave me hope that I was destined for mirth.



From then on, every month when came the 23rd

It was the time for us to, each other, renew our word

that we would be together even beyond eternity

and that go on fulfilling each other’s necessity.



Came and went, over time, many such 23rd

and for me, you were like that tweety bird

whom I thought, was sent to me from heaven

so that my life would always get enliven.


Alas, ironically, today happens to be the 23rd

and still I feel the reason you gave as absurd .

Since you are no longer anywhere in sight

about you and our memories, I sit and write.


No comments: