Wednesday, April 15, 2009

THE FOOD THAT NEVER CAME….


BACKGROUND: To someone I had asked once, through a work obviously ……:)

She must know, for me and all, how to cook
and feed something that isn’t there in the book.
“Food is the way to a man’s heart” they say
which hopefully her cooking, I can relish night & day.”


And she had replied…….“ i cook well !! but yet to learn non veg dishes :P”

But the reality is best said in this poem :(


The initial days itself, I remember asking whether you could
just for me, something special, you cook something as food.
Though a meal for me, from you, was not the necessity
the taste of your cuisine was the key towards eternity.

To get you anything, I was ready even to go the wood(s)
so that I could relish what all you prepared as food.
One day, thought I, that you will take the role of my mother
as we would plan to lead life, by being always together.

At times, I felt, for me, I must have said YOU SHOULD
prepare something truly unique and special as food.
Somehow, each time, I felt, that you, I mustn’t bother
and all I did was to wait for things to get better.


Now, that from my life, you have left me for good
I wonder why I wasn’t destined to eat your food.
Thanks to you, to eat nowadays, I don’t see the reason
as without you, whatever I consume, its like slow poison.


1 comment:

Bharath said...

Loved the ending..:)
Lovely!!