Monday, August 4, 2008

ODE's TO PRATS












You are someone, to my friend list, new

but it looks like, from long, you, i knew.
I just dont seem to have any sort of clue
as how each other we got to know in time so few.

My mind, about you, always is out to think
and it doesnt allow me to sleep even a wink.
Though poetry, between us, is the link
my heart says that about you, i must ink.

Though more about yourself, you havent shed light
and nowhere near me, you are to be in sight
stillthen there is something that is shining bright
and which is making me, this work, as an ode, write.

Each other, almost daily, we somehow try and greer
despite each other, till date, we havent had a meet.
I look forward for that day when we accomplish that feat
of writing a work together by sharing the same seat.

God knows, when each other, we finally will see
and i bet that moment would be full of glee.
I dont know, how much, you will be a part of me
a bard and poetess meet, is bound to make any one J!!
_________________________________________________________________________________________

This is about someone till date i havent met
at the same time, whom i'll never forget.
Though intially the connection we had was poetry
a day, i hope, will come, when her, i'll get to see.

Though i thought i had a friend circle that was vast
she, i got to knonw, when my livelihood i had lost.
For me, i was a sort of an unexpected rainbow
that the God above had decided to show.

now apart from the greetings that we regularly exchange
its been a pleasure to read her works of varied range.
All these have m eleft me beaming with a smile
that was lost in me for quite a long while.

I dont know when i will get that elusive silver lining
but Prats, you've been there to cheer me as a real darling
as you have made forget what all i have as my strife
and made me to look forward to something in life.

Words fail me while i try to express my gratification
and even if i write a million ode, i may make a dedication
they will never ever, in any way, would suffice
as in your eyes, they will remain forever small in size.

Yet, for that moment, i look forward as a treat
when each other, somewhere, someday, we'll meet.
Though in future,i know, life would take us apart
Prats, one thing is that you'll remain my favourite sweetheart!!
_________________________________________________________________________________________

There is something to you, i thought i tell
that you seemed to've cast of some sort of a spell
as though you are nowhere to be seen in sight
a third work, about you, my mind urges me to write.

Though my works may appear really very trivial
and in any way, may not make you feel that its special
all that i can say that i should be greatful to you, oh lass
as somehow you made my time go ahead and gradually pass.

To write on anything, though i say i've the knack
like you always, i too would seek a feedback.
Yet even if i were to, one day, beocme blind
i will still write what tells me my mind.

Talking to you has always been a thrill
but sadly i have to pay heed about my bill
though i worry about what you think about me
and maybe each other we may never get to see.

Anyways, from my mind, as i lift this load
i feel satisfied that i could write all this ode.
Just as comes to end, yet another intresting day
in three ways, i was, about you, have my say!
___________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

honoured !!! :D

Unknown said...

DID P(R)ETTY DESERVE THIS AS YOU CLAIM???..

WHAT DID YOU GET IN RETURN DUDE???