Monday, August 11, 2008

The bard’s confession to a poetess….



Only for a brief period, you, I knew
still I wonder, how our friendship grew.
Guess you were someone really special
as in your approach was something magical.



I remember when we used to have a chat
that too, literally, at the drop of the hat.
A whole lot of things we used to discuss
and by then, about you, I had got impress(ed).


Hope you remember when our contacts we managed to exchange
and you told me to call you whenever I need, a voice, change.
Little did I know that, with you, a single conversation
would end up as a sort of an incurable addiction!!


Before long, for each other’s voice, we began to yearn
and life was though it had taken a complete u- turn.
We had become in life, so fast, really inseparable
that if we didn’t hear from each other, it was really terrible.


During all this, I came to know that you couldn’t wait
which made me realize that I shouldn’t be too late.
So, somehow, on that day, you, I finally met
and that moment, I still cant think to forget.


Now, to each other, we are no longer new
and has come the time, certain things we renew
If we, in our lives, we have to move ahead
certain things should be told that were unsaid.


But a few things, I want to confess to you today
that in the past, in some ways , I’ve gone astray.
Many gals, like and unlike you, I’ve been with before
and had relations with them that now have turned sour.


In love, in this lifetime, I had lost my complete trust
and hence had started to turn my interest towards lust.
Many things, by myself, though I managed to learn
despite my fingers had, in many ways, were to burn.


Though I knew that It wasn’t something very nice
I still have my share as what one may say as vice.
Though money and health, I were out to loose
seldom I cared as by living, I didn’t see any use.


But now, I seem to have found the essence
as somehow I see the purpose of my existence.
It has given me a reason for me to let a smile
and about the future, I can think for a while.


You have been someone really genuine
by which can become my life, really sanguine.
Of your life, I wish I could become a part
as I don’t want you, from my life, depart.


Said someone that “to err is human, forgive is divine”
and more than once, I have acted worse than a swine.
To redeem myself, my true love, to you, I offer
so that in the long run, I wont have to suffer.


I want to begin my life with a new slate
and hence don’t want it to be too late.
Since I want it to be a beginning that’s new
I want to offer my feelings that are always true.


All that I can pray is that you give it a thought
so that in an abyss, I wont have to, later, rot.
What all expectations, you have, I’ll try to prove
and what negatives I have, I’ll think to improve.


Hope this confession puts your mind at some ease
one day, my love, I’ll say, by going down on my knees.
It is only you; I am sure, I want, in my life
so that can go away all that there is as strife.

No comments: