Sunday, May 24, 2009

THE IRRESTIBLE SWEETMEAT….
































I am someone made out of pure milk and ghee

that to someone special, a patron used to give me.

It used to make the meeting so very memorable

as I also was equally tasty and irresistible.


Though by eating me, hunger wouldn’t appease

atleast by giving it to her, the boy would try to please.

It was symbolic of almost, of theirs, every meet

so that the mood would remain for them, upbeat.


At times, the girl would break me into two

taking one for him, the other she would chew.

Slowly and steadily, it would, in the mouth, dissolve

and feelings for each other, would slowly evolve.


Though I wasn’t something great to make as a purchase

for quite a long time, this went on as a craze.

My size, like any other, was really trivial and small

but apparently, atleast it made each other, in love, to fall.


Anyways, now, a real long time it has been

that to purchase me ,the boy I’ve seen.

Maybe one more time, to her, if he were to offer

differences of opinion they had, may turn out to be better.


No comments: