Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A HINGLISH POEM-(Suggest a title as well as review it!!)



Thought to write a Hinglish work for once!!..May not be the way Surabhi writes with so much of aplomb, yet gave it a try..The Hindi words that I’ve used are capitalized so that it becomes easy for the reader to find out.. Regarding the title, Nivedita suggested “saajan chalee sasuraal”..


Anyways, titles, comments and criticisms are welcome, as usual!!




For me, oh dear, you were the ideal SAJANA

as those days, I had become your DEEWANA.

Since we had exchanged vows of ISHQ and PYAR

I wanted none to be around us as a DEEWAR.


With you, every moment in life, was so SUHANA

and I knew that I couldn’t have got a better HASINA.

I didn’t bother to hear what all was said by the LOG

as I was enjoying what you had given me as PREM ROG.


Yet, whenever I felt that, of our’s, RAB NE BANA DE JODI

you always felt that you were not my ideal kind of KUDI.

Thought you to give me a shoulder that was so THANDA

even though I always wanted to remain forever as your MUNDA.


Still I went onto always write and sing HUM TUMHARE HEIN SANAM

and I had decided that it was with you, I wanted to be HAR EK JANAM.

Thought I always that I tell what actually MERE DIL ME AAJ KYA HEIN

that it was HUM MEIN TUMSE PYAR KITNA, night and day.


We sang CHANDA O CHANDA, KIS NE CHURAI, TERI MERI NINDIYA

and all I wanted to see, on your MAANG, the SINDOORI BINDIYA.

All I reposed in you always was KABHI ALVIDA NA KEHANA

as there was none whom I was ready to accept as my DULHANIA.


Still, you continued to haunt me with your PARISHANI

that there was nothing left in our PREM KAHANI.

So, you easily thought that it was best to become a BEWAFA

and leave me with a feeling, on myself, a lot of KHAFA.


Now I’ve taken refuge of this LAAL RANG

as HAR EK PAL, I miss being in your SANG.

To my BAAHE, all I say is PHIR SE TU AAJA

so that we lead life again as RANI and RAJA.




1 comment:

fms1988 said...

Great attempt...well it was good enough to make me smile :D