Tuesday, March 3, 2009

MUSINGS AT A TRAFFIC SIGNAL…





















As usual, I set to a place that was unknown
in the bus, I found a seat and sat on my own.
Since it was luckily close to the window
what all was happening, it went to show.

The traffic signal suddenly changed to red
and what usually happens, is better unsaid.
People from all sides started to incessantly horn
without pondering whether, prior, they must warn.

The junction was chaotic and in a total mess
mainly due to people who were getting restless.
Somehow they felt, for them, it was like a crime
that they had to waste so much of their precious time.

Passengers in the bus also started to feel irate
and was going on, some sort of a heated debate
whether the transport authorities could just see
that their area suffered from buses infrequency!!


As I sat silently and blew gently the air
a thought came to me as got ruffled my air
of someone who had traveled with me in a bus
without much of a problem and creating a fuss.

Some relief on the people could be seen
when slowly the colour changed to green.
For long, at the signal, having made to wait
people to their destinations, they wanted to accelerate.

Instantly, in the bus also, people started to feel at ease
and was restored the normalcy and the lost peace.
I made it a point that what all I could see and sight
It would be better that I sit back and quickly write.

2 comments:

Bharath said...

hehe..
Loved the color combination..
hehe..nice one!

Unknown said...

The color combination did the trick,else wouldnt have read it i guess...

Else,your reality is as good as fiction..Good to see that..