Monday, September 1, 2008

WHEN IT RAINED...



One evening, as i set out from my house
i thought that the internet, i browse.
So, i did not think to pick up the parasol
though my mom, in anger, let out a growl!!

The sky was so peaceful and clear
that i set out without any fear.
The monsoon, i knew, was due from long
and for once,my mother, i thought was wrong.

As i began to surf the net
the time, i was to forget.
Only when i was through and done
i realized how fast time had run.


Stepping outside gave me such a surprise

that i realized that i had been unwise.
Had arrived all of a sudden, the rain
and i knew that i had to repent in vain.

At that moment, i didnt know what to do
as in my mind, i was not getting any clue.
The rain looked like it would not stop
and somehow back home, i thought to hop.


The rain gods had decided to unleash their fury
and by the thunder, they made it look scary.
But i thought that i indulge in some fun
and so towards home, i started to run!!

Though was completely wet my spectacle(s)
how i found my way,was really a miracle.
As i managed to reach a familiar path
soon i knew i would be incurring someone's wrath.

As all this was happening, i just dont know why
my memories took me to the rains of Mumbai
when one day we friends were out to cheer
by dancing around and drowning a lot of beer!!

Quickly, i was woken up from my reverie
as mom's face,at the gate, i got to see.
As i entered inside with an impish grin
i could notice on her face, a lot of chagrin.

Later, as i changed into my pyjamas
i recollected the evening that was so bindaas
and hence about it, i thought, i write
before came the curtains for the night!!

No comments: