Thursday, January 15, 2009

A WIDOWER'S MUSINGS.....



Maybe on me, destiny was not meant to be kind
certain memories are still ingrained in the mind.
Happiness i was never meant, in this life, get
for which all i can do is to sit back and regret.

A lifetime, i thought, i would have her
in her absence, how much i am out to suffer.
By her "death", all that i stood to gain
was endurance and in my heart, only pain.

To me, forever she was meant to be a gem
whom i never wanted to undergo bedlam.
All those memories we shared, goes to hurt
especially whenever with her, I was curt.

Though i've lost my share of forty wink(s)
i would've never missed her for one link
that i still have the child we conceive(d)
by which there would some love i receive.

Everything will look less, how much, about you, i tell
as for me,then,now and forever, you were my angel.
Had fortuned favoured me during this life
i would've indebted to have you as my wife.

All that i seek is redemption for all the sin
which all i committed so that, to heaven, I can get in.
Atleast,i hope when we meet at the gates of heaven
our lives, let us relive and try to enliven.

When i meet you high above, this is what i hope
that in front of the Gods and demons, we’ll elope.
We will lead our lives beside each other forever
next time, I’ll ensure that i'll follow you to the pyre.

1 comment:

Pragnya said...

it is a beautiful poem chinmin....very heartfelt and touching...
but theres some kinda forceed rhyming in the first stanza which i dint like..otherwise..brilliant work.