Monday, January 5, 2009

AS I LOOK BACK…











Inspired by Prat’s work

http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=1538&tid=5286142630076928625

JANUARY & FEBRUARY:

From the year’s start and the very beginning
I knew that it was a start, in my career, a new inning
as for a new employer, I had to overlook a zone
by being all independent and on my own.


It took to me to places geographically I knew
and made me gain experiences that were new.
What all I saw and did, there was always one link
as all that faithfully, I sat and went on to ink.


MARCH & APRIL:

To see, on an ex-flame’s face, a smile
I traveled literally the extra mile.
Though new friend’s, easily I made
like others before, adieu, to me, they’ve bade.


My works, many of them, used to give a glance
and to someone, specially, I said a THANKS.
Little did I know that something was in store
as I would get in return, lots and much more.


MAY & JUNE:

These were the months of continued confusion
as in the mind, daily, there would be apprehension.
It was becoming difficult for me to sight the dawn
as I debated, whether, from a place, I must move on.


It was then I started getting a slight feeler
that there was someone in place, that was near
who genuinely wanted good to happen in my life
and would make efforts so that I never see strife.

JULY & AUGUST:

Keeping in mind a “future”, I took a decision
that I finally go about doing this relocation.
Initially it made me feel so good and joyous
that by doing that, I had got something precious.

Yet it was going to be a real Herculean feat
as somehow I had to stand back on my feet.
All efforts that I put, were all with vigour
maybe I was backed by someone’s power.


SEPTMBER & OCTOBER:

Our relation, we made it go through an acid test
though by moving away, put the mind to unrest.
Thankfully without much ado, I got a platform
so that once again, I could myself strive to perform.


Yet for something, all my efforts I went to try
would just leave me with a feeling to sigh.
My dreams seemed to be all in a sort of mess
as someone special’s heart, I couldn’t impress.


NOVEMBER & DECEMBER:

Came the day when life took an u-turn
and the bitter truth I soon got to learn
that all our hopes and desires, we had to bury
and move away before each of us had to feel sorry.


Though candidly about the last year, here, I tell
maybe to certain things, I was unable to jell.
Atleast it gave me moments laced with pain and joy
that I have always endured since the time I was a boy.

No comments: