Wednesday, January 28, 2009

THE MOBILE COUNTER...


On the floor, whenever hither and dither, I wander

my eyes fall on something there in the corner.

That’s where i used to recharge a number 9********0

so that in her heart, I could always remain a hero.


That was done, for presence in my life, as a gratification

apart from ensuring that there would be continued communication.

All that i used to do was a "chota"recharge for Rs 30

sadly for all that i did, she deemed me to be someone thrifty.


Being in touch, those days, for both, was really vital

and this recharges used to be some sort of a ritual.

This i did whenever i had money a little excess

so that,atleast by this, she would get impress.


Alas, now that she has gone away, has left me sad

as i thought she was the best anyone could've had.

Slowly and steadily, the familiar counter,i pass

in my heart, I silently mourn her loss.

No comments: