Friday, July 11, 2008

A SINNER's NEMESIS..


I try hard to let out a breath
and very soon would be placed a wreath.
To hell is where i will be taken in
for all that i had done, from long, as sin.

Brash i had been throughout my youth
and people regarded me as someone uncouth.
Yet to their words i hardly thought to care
or from anytrhing, seldom, i felt to beware.


Family, long ago,deserted me for good
and neither i needed them for even food.
Even if i knew that i were to heave a sigh
i just knew soon how to get myself high.

I went around dismissing it as a pack of lies
when people warned that i was indulging in vice.
Though i knew that i would drink to fall
and also move with anything that would crawl.

Yet one day, never in my dreams, i would expect
and the doctor's words, i cant even think to forget.
All this reckless life that till then i had led
had cost me dear and confided me to the bed.

Soon will come for redemption the moment
and for what err i did, i just wish to lament.
All one can hope never to get into a phase
that one cannot without regret or any grace.

No comments: