Friday, July 11, 2008

....BEFORE I SLEEP, I'VE MILES TO GO.


Inspired by Robert Frost's lines in "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" wherein he said:
".....
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."








It is known that life is a rollercoaster ride
and we must have confidence always beside.
Even if a shortcut to me, it were to show
atleast i know before i sleep, i've miles to go.

The name of the game is prolonged peristence
for which one must have ample patience.
Atleast i know, if i were to slog, to and fro
it'll be that before i sleep, i've miles to go.

Like the rock of Gibraltar, confidence has to be stern
and for theright thing to happen,one must await one's turn.
Even though i know that from failures, is what i've to grow
its for sure that before i sleep, i've miles to go.

Lot of pleasures and sacrifices may take its toll
for reaching what one has set as the ultimate goal.
Its a cinch that now itself iam prepared to undergo
that before i sleep, i've miles to go.

No comments: