Monday, June 1, 2009

Reminiscences of a day, a year ago (Suggest a better title)



The scene for the IPL final had been set
and friends from Bangalore, I had met.
To see the match, thought we go to a SPORTS BAR
which from Dadar, was quite near and not that very far.

As expected, there was a massive crowd
to cheer for their team by being very loud.
Since we were unsure whether we would get entry
thought we go and check so that there would be guarantee.

Could be seen people, hip, hot and happening
and there were girls who looked really stunning.
Just then came a message from my then muse
whether I had gone there for a BABE or BOOZE.

Told her that I was in a place where lot could happen
as it was something that was like a mini heaven.
Though it looked cricket was all out there wanted to watch
still there were some, looking for someone, to latch.

Now that question I hadn’t expected at all from my muse
as for me, then, it didn’t matter whether it was BABE or BOOZE.
Yet I thought hard as I didn’t know what to give as an answer
and moreover, It was hardly some time that I had got to know her.

Of my weakness to both, I wanted not to pretend
and her feelings, at the same time, I didn’t want to offend.
So, I gave an answer which I thought, to me, was suitable
expecting that later things would turn out to be terrible.

The match and booze was on in full flow
and what all happened, I just don’t know.
But I knew that before, on the bed, I fall
to her, I had to talk, by making a call.

After the match, we came back to our universe
and to our places, we thought to quickly disperse.
To her, I was wondering what to give as an explanation
as I walked on all the way to Lower Parel station.

Since anyone’s company, that night, I had the lack
I decided to talk to her till Andheri, I travelled back.
As it got an Andheri local that was a SLOW
the ten stations ‘darshan’, to her, I went to show.

From Andheri west, to my place, I had to go ahead
and my phone battery, sadly, was almost dead.
But I simply didn’t want to keep the phone
as there was so much magic in her voice and tone.

Now as I sit back and write, as all these I recall
I cant understand why she doesn’t answer my call.
Apparently, she found for herself a new dawn
by deciding to, from me and my life, to move on.

To forget her, how much ever I go onto try
my heart and soul, just ask a haunting WHY
as its unable to understand this happening to me
and about this fate of mine, it didn’t go to foresee.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HEY MR MUMBAI,YOUR WORK TOUCHED ME IMMENSLY..IS YOUR MUSE P(R)ETTY AS THIS IS THE SECOND WORK OF HERS I FOUND TODAY ON HER CHAT BOX??

GOD BLESS YOU IF SO..GET IN TOUCH WITH ME AND I MAYBE ABLE TO HELP...