Wednesday, July 15, 2009

WHY CANT YOU LOVE ME LIKE BEFORE?


I cant understand why you cant love me like before
as without you , I don’t know what life has in store.
Each morning, as the sun rises, to face the day, I dread
as from your memories, I am unable to move ahead.

I cant understand why you cant love me like before
as without you, leading life has become such a bore.
For me, you were always like a fragrance
which I miss since I no longer have your presence.

I cant understand why you cant love me like before
as like lovers of the past, we could’ve been part of folklore.
Despite the odds, we could have somehow stayed together
even if it meant that fate tried to take us away far and farther.

I cant understand why you cant love me like before
as daily all I do, is to knock on almighty’s door.
I wont mind going on to sacrifice, of mine, this life
so that I can take re-birth and make you my wife.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

its good...but ..could be better... [:)] the second stanza second line last word 'bore' doesnt suit re.. :( !! :)!!

Youve penned gems...this one...can be treated better

A Poetess said...

the writing is a bit stilted...but the emotions behind the lines are superb!
you are harboring some very strong feelings for a certain lady my friend?
love is very addictive!

Cheers mate.

PS- thanks for all the comments on my blog..took me sometime to figure out you were the bard who dsnt have to try too hard..lol

Anonymous said...

Well A nice poem...
KEEP WRITING
:)

M. Reka said...

Very well writing poem :)

Sureshkumar said...

Love is the ultimate muse . It makes you write , read , and ..pretty much drains you .. But it feeds you too .. But it is very painful this love . To read love .. Once when you come to know that it is nothing but a glorified celebrated honest lie !

Kunal Bhatia said...

the eternal question, isn't it

- Mindless Mumbai

Thoughts Synchronized said...

coooool!! :)But fo whom is al dis dedicated to?? eh?

Kalyan Panja said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PhilO♥ said...

At a point a person does leave us. All good things do come to an end :)
Nicely put! :)

Always Unlucky said...

this internet site , likewise I think the design has got fantastic features.

From everything is canvas

Megha Sarin said...

Great post!

Love
http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

Vinay said...

नववर्ष 2013 की हार्दिक शुभकामनाएँ... आशा है नया वर्ष न्याय वर्ष नव युग के रूप में जाना जायेगा।

ब्लॉग: गुलाबी कोंपलें - जाते रहना...